10 Benefits of Drinking Water
We cannot live without water. I know all of you will agree with me on this. But if I ask you what are the benefits of drinking water? You might say that that’s a naïve question to ask. right?
Okay, let me tell you some facts-
Roughly 580 people in India die of water pollution related illness every day. A Billion People Worldwide Lack Safe Drinking Water. Diseases related to unsafe water, sanitation and hygiene result in an estimated 1.7 million deaths every year. 10% of global disease can be solved by providing pure water. 842,000 deaths per year, is attributable to an unsafe water supply.
So now let me rephrase my question. What are the benefits of drinking pure water?
Not so naïve now. is it?
Don’t worry about that. In This article, we will provide you with the reasons on why we should drink pure water.
[notification type=”notification_info” ]Disease Caused by Contaminated water[/notification]
There are so many ways you can get sick by drinking contaminated water. below we will take a look at some of the common diseases that are caused by drinking contaminated water.
Bacteria in water:
- Giardiasis: This is caused by Giardia lamblia. Symptoms include diarrhea and abdominal discomfort.
- Campylobacteriosis: caused by bacteria. Symptoms include diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever, muscle cramps and vomiting. Approximately 800 to 1200 cases of Campylobacter are reported in Minnesota each year.
- typhoid fever: This waterborne disease is caused by bacteria. Symptoms include fever, headache, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and an abdominal rash.
- Shigellosis: caused by bacteria. Symptoms include bloody stool, diarrhea, and fever.
- Viral gastroenteritis: caused by a virus. Also known as stomach flu Symptoms include gastrointestinal discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, fever and headache.
- Hepatitis: caused by a virus. Symptoms include fever, chills, jaundice, dark urine and abdominal discomfort.
- Rush: Symptoms include red skin and itchiness.
- Amebiasis: Caused by protozoa. This is a one-celled organism. Symptoms include fatigue, diarrhea, flatulence, abdominal discomfort and weight loss.
- Fluorosis: Caused by excess fluoride in water and can lead to skeletal problems. This is one of the most common diseases.
- Arsenicosis: Caused by excess arsenic in water. Symptoms include stomach cramps, loss of hair, cramping in muscles, problems swallowing, blood in urine, metallic taste in the mouth, etc.
- Anemia: Causes iron deficiency.
- Dengue fever: Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne tropical disease caused by the dengue virus.
- Malaria: This is a mosquito-borne infectious disease affecting humans and other animals caused by parasitic protozoans.
- Scabies: known as the seven-year itch, is a contagious skin infestation by the mite.
[notification type=”notification_mark” ]10 Benefits of Drinking Pure Water[/notification][yes_list]
- Maintain a healthy body weight
Forget dieting and workout. Drinking water can actually help you lose weight. A study shows that by drinking water you can actually burn calories. Check out the article here.
- Properly digest food and absorb nutrients from food
Drinking water can help you digest food properly. This is actually a well-known fact. There’s a myth that says you cannot drink too much water. That’s not true at all. It’s actually beneficial for us to drink more and more water.
- Decrease muscle and joint inflammation
Does your muscle tissue and bone joint hurt? That can be really agonizing. Well if you drink water daily this problem can be solved.
- Have better circulation
Drinking water daily can help you have a better circulation of bodily fluids.
- Detoxify your body naturally
Water can help you detoxify your body. This is a natural process of the body. Toxic elements are removed via waste. Water helps you in this purification process.
- Fluid Balance
If there’s an imbalance in the bodily fluid, then it causes all kinds of problem to the body. By drinking water, you can keep the balance of your bodily fluid.
- Kidney function
water helps the functioning of the kidney. We all know that the more water we drink the healthier our kidneys get.
- Productivity boost
Did you know you can be more proactive if you drink more water? A new study shows that drinking water can increase productivity by 14%.
- Brain boost
This is no joke at all. Research shows that. Drinking Water Helps Boost One’s Mental Performance.
- Have healthy, glowing skin
Water keeps the skin cells alive for longer period of time. This is why you can have glowing and healthy skin by drinking water.[/yes_list]
[notification type=”” ]Final thoughts[/notification]
After reading all of the above-mentioned things, I hope you understood why pure drinking water is important for us.
But one question might come to your mind. How can I find a source of pure water?
Well, I would suggest you install a water treatment system of your choice. Ro systems, Faucet water filter, Water softener and Water ionizer are some of the options you can choose from for your office or home.
Nonetheless, we hope this article was of some help to you.