Best Faucet Water Filter 2017 – Reviews and Expert Advice
Your tap water tastes bad? It’s not drinkable at all and you are tired of buying bottled water every single day? Then you should definitely buy the best faucet water filter. Then all your troubles will be gone.
But what is a faucet water filter?
A faucet water filter is a filter that is attached right to the tap. We can define the faucet water filter very easily based on its name. It is a very simple mechanism.
The faucet water filtration system is not as complex as the other devices where you have to put water in a filter, and then the water is treated.
Unlike the other water treatment systems, the faucet water filters do not need any tank or water carriage because the water is treated right after the release from the valve. So, you will get clean, delicious drinking water right from your tap.
The filter is connected right to the outside of the mouth of the faucet. It is always kept attached to the valve. The water filter starts working every time you turn on the faucet.
Among all the water filters, the faucet water filters are famous all over the world because of its simplicity of use and easy installation.
To install the filter, you will not require any expert help.
Hence, you will be able to save the cost of installation by doing the job by yourself. A lot of people have misconceptions regarding the faucet water filters.
They think that the valve’s performance is affected by the filter. But it will not affect your valve’s functionality. To be able to use the tap water filtering mechanism, you will not have to gather high technical knowledge.
It is very easy to run and maintain.
You will just have to turn on your water tap, and the water treatment system will perform the rest of the job. In this write-up, we will try to inform you about various aspects of this water filtering mechanism so that you can make better use of it.
5 Best Faucet Water Filter Reviews
Here we will discuss the top faucet filters of 2017. You will be informed about their features and how you can benefit from them. It will help you to avoid the fake or inferior quality filters available in the market. You will certainly be able to select the right brand. So, let’s have a look at them:
It contains efficient faucet mount design. The filter will remove any unpleasant odor from the water and improve the taste. The contaminants that the filter can remove include sediment, lead, chlorine, atrazine, and lindane. Many other substances are removed by this filter from the water. It is a flavored faucet filter.
Hence, it contains cartridge change reminder sticker which will remind you when the cartridge becomes expired. It will be easy for you replace the existing one with a new one. The weight of the filter is only 1.1 pounds which make it easy to handle. It is considered to be the best faucet water filter according to the experts
- Fast and efficient.
- Reduces unpleasant odor.
- cartridge-change reminder sticker included.
- Light weight(only 1.1 pounds).
The filter is certified to remove over 70 harmful elements from the water. It can remove 99% lead, 92% pesticides, and 96% of mercury. It clears the natural minerals from the water to provide crisp and refreshing taste. You will get such feature only in the best faucet water filter.
It contains a filter life indicator which will tell you when you will have to replace the filter again. The 360-degree swivel mechanism makes the filter flexible and adjustable with any sink or tap. It is compatible with the standard faucets. The filter will not work with the pull-out faucets.
- Life indicator of the filter.
- Removes 70 type of contaminants.
- One click installation.
It has an electronic display which indicates the filter’s life and the number of gallons of water has been cleaned. The contaminants removed by the filter include the sediment, chlorine, cysts, benzene, asbestos, and lead. It will certainly improve the clarity, taste and odor of the water making water more drinkable.
The weight of the filter is 12 ounces which are heavier than most of the other filters found in the market. The dimension of the machine is 7.8*6.4*2.9 inches which makes the filter easy to fit with any tap. It comes with a warranty which is very alluring for the buyers.
- Electronic display.
- Warranty available.
- Removes 70 type of contaminants.
- Improves the taste, odor.
It is a very stylish looking faucet water filter. It will certainly enhance the beauty of your kitchen sink or wherever you desire to use the filter. It has the capability to remove 99.99% of the contaminants found in the water which is very much praiseworthy. One of the attractive aspects of the water treatment system is the weight of the filter.
The filter’s weight is only 1.1 pounds. It will be very easy and comfortable to carry. The dimension of the filter is 9.8*8.6*2.8 inches. That means you will be able to accommodate the filter in any place you want either in the kitchen sink or the washroom.
- Stylish design.
- Removes 99.9% contaminants.
- Light weight.
- Compact design.
With this filter, you will enjoy delicious and healthy water right from the tap. It filters the water in three stages for maximum benefits. After the completion of filtering of water in three stages, you will get crisp and refreshing water. The installation process of the filter is very simple. It constitutes an easy one figure installation.
It will provide you up to 100 gallons of clean water in its entire life. You will get full service from the filter for about 2 or 3 months. it is compatible with pull out or hand held faucets. These are really beautiful and cheap as well.
- 3 stage system.
- Life indicator.
- 100 gallons in one life cycle .
- Easy installation.
- Beautiful design.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Faucet Water Filter
According to the experts, one needs to consider six factors before purchasing the faucet water filter. If you examine these factors, it will be very easy for you to choose the right water filter for your tap.
Let’s have a look at them:
Taste and Odor:
If your tap provides water that lacks in taste or contains odor, you should go for the best faucet water filter. They can increase the taste and remove odor from the water.
If you find that your tap filter is not providing water of good taste and smell, you should ask the vendor for replacement.
They type of faucet water filter you need to purchase depends on the type of contaminants you desire to remove. To be able to choose the best faucet water filter for you, you need to know the type of substances lives in the water.
Wastage of Water:
Before choosing the system and deciding that it is the best faucet water filter for you, you must ask the vendor regarding the wastage of water. Most of the water filters waste a lot of water at the time of filtration.
But in the case of the tap filters, the amount of wastage will be very small.
The Cost of the Filter:
Most of the faucet water filters are sold at reasonable price. They are priced between $15 to $50. The price depends on the performance of the filter. So, have to decide the kind of performance you want from the filter.
Yearly Replacement Cost:
The filters have to replace every 3 to 4 months because after the given period you will not enjoy the same taste and flavor. Though the replacement cost of the filters is not huge, you must determine the expected value and prepare fund accordingly.
The best faucet water filter will cost you more than the regular ones because of the performance quality.
Different Types of Faucet Water Filters
Do you want to make your drinking water more safe and tasty by removing the impurities from the water and make it safe for drinking?
A faucet water treatment system will be the right choice for you. At present, such filters are available in multiple brands, sizes, and designs.
You will notice two types of faucet filters in the market. The two categories of filters include the traditional faucet filters and the flavored water filter. Let’s have a look at them in details:
- Classic Faucet Filters:
Such filters are attached directly to your water tap or faucet. In most of the cases, the users use them in the kitchen. They are very much common in the houses all over the world. They will remove the contaminants from the water being released from the tap. The faucet filter is also capable of enhancing the taste of the water making it fresh and pure.
- Flavored Water Faucet Filters:
It is concerned with the enhancement of the flavor of the water. If you desire to drink little-flavored water, you should go for this water filter as it not only enhances the taste of the water but also mixes some flavor. It contains a flavor cartridge to mix various flavors in the water. The cartridges are removable and replaceable. You will be able to add flavor based on your requirement. So, it is like drinking the flavored bottled water found in the markets at a lower price.
Advantages of Using Faucet Filters
There are many benefits of using the faucet filters. Let’s have a look at the faucet filter’s benefits in various points of views.
- Unlike the water pitcher filters, the tap water treatment systems are very much flexible and convenient. They are very easy to use, and anybody can operate them without any prior knowledge and understanding of the operating procedure. You will not require any operation manual to be able to run the faucet filters.
- In the water filter, you will find a valve. With the valve, you will be able to determine your desired type of water. For example, you will be able to determine whether to select the filtered or unfiltered water. If you choose the settings for unfiltered water, the filter will not run mechanisms to provide you purified water. So, you are getting immense flexibility in this case.
- The installation process of the filter needs no instruction. You will need no prior understanding or tutorial to be able to fix the machine with the tap or faucet. Anyone can do it without any installation manual. You will just have to click it onto the faucet, and you will be just one push away from getting clean, tasty, and flavored water.
- You will get filtered water much faster than the other kinds of water filters available in the market. The other filters take a lot of time to collect water either through pump or gravity. Then they start filtering in various stages. As a result, the overall process becomes very much time consuming. But the faucet water filter will start providing you clean drinking water rapidly.
- If you purchase a high-quality faucet filter, the water will be filtered in multiple stages. Hence, the filter will be able to remove a lot of water pollutants. It will be very easy for anybody to get more clean and tasty water.
- We already know that there are two types of faucet water filters available in the market. With the flavored water filtration system, you will get tastier and odorless water which is necessary for every human being.
- The other water treatment machines such as Reverse Osmosis system wastes a little bit of water. The tap filtration mechanism is free from such drawbacks. You will get the maximum pure water without any wastage.
The Disadvantages of the System
- The faucet water filters will have to change quite frequently which is one of the major drawbacks of the system. You may have to change them every three months. But the good thing is that the replacement filters are widely available in the market, and they are also very much inexpensive.
- Some of the models will provide slow water flow because they will require time to purify the water and then flush out. But if you purchase the premium quality faucets, you will be free from such problems.
- Before you make the final purchase, you must check the specifications in details. It will help you to get ensured that the water treatment system fit your faucet. Otherwise, you will have to replace the valve or the water filter which is very much time to consume and disgusting. So, if you take precautions beforehand, it will not be a problem.
we hope that the reviews will assist you in your cause. You will be able to select the best faucet water filter based on the above discussion. But you must not forget to consider the factors mentioned above to be able to identify and purchase the right filter.
We expect that you will not become the victim of the fake or inferior quality water filters when you make the purchase the next time.
All the products mentioned above are really good. And you will not be disappointed with any of the. However, if you ask for my personal opinion then I’d suggest PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter Chrome FM-3700B.
Because it looks great and it is full with a fine set of features.
Hope our expert advice and reviews will help you to get pure drinking water whenever you want.